Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Remember Me’s Robert Pattinson – not just a teen heartthrob




Posted: February 15th, 2010 by: Michelle

It’s nice to see Robert Pattinson with a little colour in those cheeks of his as he plays Tyler Roth in romantic drama, Remember Me. No one understands him, he doesn’t get along with dear old Dad (Pierce Brosnan), needs a haircut and is a bit of a rebel. Can anyone say emo? He is saved by Ally (Emilie de Ravin), a ray of sunshine who creates a turnaround in his life. Tyler falls hard for Ally, but as with any romantic drama, there are obstacles that threaten their passionate bond.

I’m not usually one for romantic dramas, though I’d like to see Rob in something with a bit of substance. Kudos to not getting typecast Mr. Pattinson. Marky Mark transcended teen heartthrob status and dammit, so can you. This movie promises character depth and the opportunity for Rob to break away from those pesky Keanu Reeves comparisons.

I think this boy has the talent and the personality to go far in Hollywood and I’m looking forward to seeing him in more diverse roles. (Wouldn’t mind seeing him use his English accent in a movie either!).

From: Movie Set Dailies

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I can't wait to see this movie! My favorite Rob performance so far is when he played Dalí in Little Ashes. I've made a Robert Pattinson puzzle and I thought I'd share it with other fans!

Viewers