Saturday, March 13, 2010

Robert Pattinson Details An Intense 'Remember Me' Take Left On The Cutting Room Floor

by Terri Schwartz in Movie News, Twilight Forever!, Videos

COPIED AND PASTE

In case you were too wrapped up in the hype of the "Eclipse" trailer to remember the film it was supposed to debut before, "Remember Me" hits theaters today. And while you might be preferring your Robert Pattinson served pale and ice cold, the hot-blooded hunk took a minute to chat with MTV about not being Edward Cullen.









"I feel like I'm missing out on something, but it's a relief not having all that makeup on," Rob said about not playing the role that made him a star. When asked how it feels to not be biting someone, he joked, "I bit people in this!"


We're assuming he is referring to the number of fight scenes that ensue in the movie and his character Tyler's many unprovoked acts of violence.

"The violence and things, the way his violence comes out, it's illogical and it's not against legitimate targets," Rob said of his character's actions. "I related to that when you have a spasm of rage, it goes almost every time through the wrong target and causes more problems. It's better to keep it chained up."

There is one scene in particular where he goes nuts in a school room trying to defend the honor of his little sister (Ruby Jerins). Rob shared that there was one take of that scene that couldn't be included because he got a little bit too violent.

"There was one take of that they had to cut out, because it looked like I'd not only be in jail for vandalism, but for child abuse as well!," he recalled. "I spun the desk around and the desk fell over, and [the girl] literally ran away out of the classroom! I was supposed to continue on with the scene, but I was like, 'Oh my God, I'm actually going to get arrested!' She looked absolutely terrified afterward."

In many ways, Rob can relate to the idea of being bullied in grade school, because he shared that he himself had been bullied when he was younger.

"I was a bit of an idiot," he shared. "After I first started acting and I liked to behave like an actor or what I thought was an actor, it generally provoked a lot of people into hitting me."


SOURCE

No comments:

Viewers