Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Bittersweet Serendipity" UPDATE!

"The Change Of Plans" is the new chapter of my fanfic

After about twenty minutes I opened the door and walked out. I saw no one waiting for me so I walked into the bedroom and Omar was sitting on the bed. "Get out!" I told him. "No" he responded. "You have no business being in here, GET THE FUCK OUT!" I exclaimed. "Not till you tell me what's wrong, why are you depressed? If it’s me I am sorry Marissa please, take me back I miss you." he responded. I began to get even angrier. I turned around walked through the hall way across the front room and out the front door. I didn't bring a jacket or my keys so I went back in and grabbed my keys from the king hanger next to the door and walked back out. I half ran to my car and as I put the key in the door unlocked it I felt hands turn me around and then lips crushing mine. I pulled back and stared Omar in the face. He leaned in for another and I slapped him across the cheek. I had tears coming down my face as I opened my door and got inside. Omar stared at me as I started the car and drove off. I drove a couple blocks, not really paying any attention to where I was going. I finally pulled over and stopped, put the car in park and began to sob. I cried for missing Rob so much. For opening up my heart to him and being crushed. I cried because the one time Omar seem to want me I didn't want him. I cried because I felt lost. After what seemed hours of crying I remembered Jane was still in my apartment. I started the car and headed home.



I walked in and Jane was on the couch alone. "Hey" I said to her. "Hey, where did you go?" she said. "Well I had to get away, Omar was... I don’t know." I responded as I sat next to her. "He kissed me as I was trying to leave." I explained to her. She opened her eyes wide being shocked by that. “He kissed you?” Jane asked. “Yeah, I just don’t need him doing this right now.” She shook her head in agreement. I looked towards the kitchen and said “I messed up your dinner, didn’t I?” “It’s ok, I ate already and your plate is in the microwave” she answered. I got up and walked in the kitchen to eat. After I ate, Jane decided to leave so I walked her to the door and said good bye. “I have to work tomorrow but if you need me call me ok?” she said. I nodded and gave her a hug. “Your my best friend Jane thanks so much for everything. I really don’t know what I would do without you.” She walked out the door and I went to the bedroom. I tried not to think about Rob as I lay there with the lights off. My phone began to buzz, I put it on vibrate so that it wouldn’t ring and wake me. I didn’t want Omar to bother me. I had to figure out what I was going to do about him. I was so confused at what I really wanted and what I should do to move on. Rob was probably never coming back. But there was that little part of me that hoped that he would. Maybe he was just busy with family. I really didn’t want to think about him using me. I never thought for one minute while I was with him that he was. He was so affectionate and sweet. He even bought me a candle holder that had both our names engraved on it. Just then I remembered I never looked at it; it still was in the box. I sat up and turned the lamp on next to my bed. I got up went to the closet and brought the box down from the top shelf. I sat back down and stared at the box in front of me. I had put in up in the closet as I could not bear to open it. I didn’t need another thing to remind me of him in my apartment and that box contained a symbol of the days we spent together. I touched the top contemplating whether I should open it or put it back in the closet. I thought about it for a moment, and decided to get it over with. I tore the small tape that secured the top from opening and lifted the lid. I took out the white tissue paper and looked inside. I took it out of the box, holding my breath, and looked at it, searching for the engraving. I turned it around and found the letters. It said “Robert & Marissa” in huge letters in an Old English font.





READ MORE HERE

No comments:

Viewers