After “Twilight” dominated last year’s MTV Movie Awards will the sequel, “New Moon,” repeat as champ or will it be overwhelmed by the mammoth popularity of “Avatar”? And what happens when Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson are all in the same category? Plus, can Betty White, SAG lifetime achievement award aside, win her first award since her amazing comeback began with “The Proposal”?
The 2010 MTV Movie Awards won’t occur until Sunday, June 6, but we’ve analyzed the races and have predicted winners, possible upsets and more.
· Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson – The Twilight Saga: New Moon
· Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning – The Runaways
· Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds – The Proposal
· Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner – Valentine’s Day
· Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington – Avatar
Who will win: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson
Who should win: Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning
Upset: Swift/Lautner and Stewart/Fanning could upset, but it’s hard to imagine the combined “New Moon” power of Stewart/Pattinson losing out.
· Robert Pattinson
· Kristen Stewart
· Taylor Lautner
· Johnny Depp
· Daniel Radcliffe
Who will win: Johnny Depp
Who should win: Johnny Depp
Upset: Pattinson, Stewart and Lautner will split the vote it’s that simple. Depp should have enough of his own following to take the deserved title.
Best Male Performance:
· Channing Tatum – Dear John
· Daniel Radcliffe – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
· Robert Pattinson – The Twilight Saga: New Moon
· Taylor Lautner – The Twilight Saga: New Moon
· Zac Efron – 17 Again
Who will win: Taylor Lautner
Who should win: Um….pass?
Upset: It’s clearly between Pattinson and Lautner here, but Efron won last year for “High School Musical 3″ and could easily surprise again for “17 Again.”
[Note: voting for this award will be open throughout the awards ceremony.]
· Alice In Wonderland – Director: Tim Burton, Producers: Suzanne Todd, Jennifer Todd, Joe Roth and Richard D. Zanuck
· Avatar – Director: James Cameron, Producers: James Cameron and Jon Landau
· Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – Director: David Yates, Producers: David Heyman and David Barron
· The Hangover – Director: Todd Phillips, Producers: Todd Phillips and Dan Goldberg
· The Twilight Saga: New Moon – Director: Chris Weitz, Producers: Wyck Godfrey and Karen Rosenfelt
Who will win: “The Twilight Saga: New Moon”
Who should win: “Avatar”
Upset: The highest grossing movie in history winning wouldn’t exactly be an upset, but “New Moon’s” fanbase is so passionate and much bigger than it was after “Twilight” which already won last year. Frankly, it would be stunning to everyone involved in the show, MTV, the media, Summit and most viewers if “New Moon” lost.
To read all of the MTV Movie Award Prediction’s click here
Source Via Source via Source