Friday, August 20, 2010

WFE ‘Spectacular’ Speculations: “Raid!”

One of the most exciting aspects of pictures from the Water for Elephants shoot was putting together the puzzle. As fans we all devoured set photos and, after ogling Robowski, the next question was often; which scene was being brought to life? Now, by no means do we have a complete picture of the film – quite frankly I love that there are lots of bits we have no idea about. Buuuuuut, the pictures we do have often point to very specific quote in the book. And I like puzzles and pictures…so without further ado (that wasn’t much ado but I digress), we bring you…. *throws back the curtain*

Water For Elephants ‘Spectacular’ Speculations!!!

The following quote is taken from Water for Elephants, Chapter Eleven. Copyright (c) 2006 by Sara Gruen. All rights reserved.

“Marlena appears from nowhere and grabs my hand. We flee as sirens blare and whistles blow. When the crackle of gunfire rings out, I grab Marlena and duck into a smaller alley.”

Okay, okay maybe I started off a bit easy. ;) I’m just warming up. *cracks knuckles* I love this part in the book; a real turning point for both Jacob and Marlena.

Has everyone read Water for Elephants?? We’ve partnered with Algonquin Books and you can purchase your very own copy by clicking the button on our sidebar. That’s how easy it is. GO. READ!!


source

No comments:

Viewers