Friday, March 5, 2010

Robert Pattinson Was Attracted To 'Ensemble Script' Of 'Remember Me'

COPIED AND PASTE

Robert Pattinson is able to spot similarities between himself and his character in "Remember Me." But he also thinks that his role in the romantic drama, which co-stars Emilie de Ravin of "Lost," represents where he'd like to go next in his career — namely projects where he isn't the central focus, as he is in the "Twilight" saga.

"I think a lot of it was based on fear," he told MTV News about his reasons for signing on to "Remember Me." "It was very much an ensemble script, at least when I read it, anyway."

While he admits that he's a box-office draw as a leading man, Pattinson says that he'd like to take a more backseat approach to future roles as a way to improve his craft. "It's easier to learn when you're doing supporting roles," he said. "I think it takes the pressure off a little bit."

And while he may be looking to stretch his acting muscle, he does say that seeing his work in "Remember Me" is not too different than watching himself as Edward Cullen. "I kind of look at everything the same," he said. "You always develop inevitably. I don't think you really get worse. I mean, maybe you do."

Although Pattinson has yet to tackle any lower-key roles, he does say that this film does allow him to play the "normal guy" for the first time. "I never really played a normal guy before, and it was just that," Pattinson explained. "It was just a really solid story, and I had never really
done that."


FROM MTV

No comments:

Viewers